Monday, September 30, 2013

There was a little girl who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead...

...And when she was good, 
she was very, very good. 
But when she was bad, 
she was horrid.

This was written to describe my horse, I swear. I either leave the barn over the moon, or extremely frustrated. No in-between. Today was the latter.

I guess I shouldn't say she was horrid, considering some people have buckers, rearers, bolters, etc. I just have a distracted, wiggly, nervous, spooky, overreactive, tight-backed nutcase. 

I also guess there was some reason behind it (though that doesn't excuse anything), since we rode in the indoor for the first time in a while, since there were already three people riding outside and the ring was cramped. The indoor was empty, so I figured it would be fine to ride in there. Nope, meltdown when I didn't let her go out the door. Spook in the end away from the door, speed up towards the door, race around with head in the air. 

There was a horse in the roundpen outside, which she could not see (the HORROR) and it was a bit windy so leaves were falling (TERRIFYING). Once, a BIRD CHIRPED. 

The ride basically went like this:
I put leg on, asking for bend.
Beauty: THAT MEANS TROT LIKE A STANDARDBRED RACER, RIGHT?
Me: No, please slow down (gentle half halt)
Beauty: YOU HAVE VIOLENTLY ASSAULTED MY MOUTH (throws head in air)
Me: Let's not be a speed-trotting giraffe, please (supples)
Beauty: WHY ARE YOU ABUSING MEEEE? (contorts body into strange wiggly speed-trotting giraffe form) 

Continue for the rest of the ride. Got absolutely nothing accomplished. She gets a day off tomorrow and hopefully Wednesday will be a different story.

-_- 

Mares.

No comments:

Post a Comment