Saturday, February 15, 2014

Getting back in shape

I've never really brought a horse back from a long time off, so I didn't know what to expect for Miss B after her month an a half of lazies. Well, it is frustrating!

I made the mistake of diving right back into our schedule like nothing happened, which means six days a week of an hour ride. Aaaaannnd my horse got super sore. Like, lame sore. Seriously kicking myself for that..

Scruffy beast does snow prancing

Luckily with the big snow storm that has tormented the mid-Atlantic region, Beauty got two days off there. Yesterday I went out and we rode in the snow for maybe 15-20 minutes, but she was panting and sweating after just that. Riding in a foot and a half of snow turns out to be a super work out! So I figure I should give her today off to rest dem muscles. But I'm not good at time off, I'm so bored!

Beauty, get thy ass back in shape soon, I need something to do!!!!

Snow shadow!

No comments:

Post a Comment