Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Training 1 or bust!

Sorry for my long absence on the blogosphere... Life has been nothing short of chaotic lately and blogging just got forgotten. Plus nothing super interesting was happening in my horse life.

But now, something much interesting is going to happen! Beauty and I are making our Training Level dressage debut at her second ever show on April 6! My little greenbean mare is turning into a Real Adult Show Pony.

We will be entering in Intro C and Training 1. I wasn't sure about Training, because her canter is still meh, but the Training 1 test actually looks like it will play to our strengths pretty well, and hey, it is a schooling show, what have I got to lose? I was debating doing Intro B, too, since I know we could rock that walk-trot, but another person from my barn will be doing intro A and B, and I didn't want to compete with her or stress Beauty out with three tests on her second show ever... But I am very excited to see if our canter can hold up in our tests. Could be interesting!

In the meantime, I have to clean up this scruffy little beast! It is only a schooling show, but I was raised to always put a good impression forward, even at schooling shows. It means I will have to roach her mane (kills me inside a little) and trim ALL THE WHISKERBEARDS and bathe if it ever gets above deathly cold here!
Scruffiest pony says "Don't look at ma hurrs, they is too messy for Prancing Competition!"

1 comment: