Saturday, August 24, 2013

Chaos and a half

My delay in blogging has been, in part, due to the insanity that has become the last two weeks of my life. I am moving back to school tomorrow, playing the "Can we fit all my crap into this itty bitty Toyota?" game. And, to make matters even move stressful, yet wonderfully rewarding, MY PONY IS COMING TO SCHOOL WITH ME THIS YEAR!!!!! Which means packing not only for myself, but for her, coordinating with a transporter, making plans with the barn that we are moving to, figuring out where to get grain and supplies once I get there, etc.

I am pretty nervous about the whole deal, since this will be the first time Beauty has experienced a long distance trailer ride (it is a 9+ hour drive) and I don't know how she will be at the new barn (it seems lovely and everyone has been very nice, but Beauty is so sensitive that I never know if a place will be a fit for her). She will be living outside with a small herd and plenty of run-ins, in gorgeous horse country, so I am hoping she will love it.

Other than that big news and hectic business in my horsey life, there isn't a whole lot to share on the pony front. We've been doing our thing, dressaging mostly, but adding some jumping. She LOVES to jump and it helps her with getting the canter, which is always a big deal on the flat, so I've been using it to help her get out of worry-zone and build canter muscles without the stress of ZOMG TRANSITION I CAN'T.

Hopefully I will have more to say once I get Miss B down to college with me, but for now, I have to get back to packing!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment