Saturday, July 20, 2013

The girls prepare to attempt their first show!

Tomorrow, we attempt The Great Unknown, aka Beauty's first show. It is the perfect first show, though, since it is a small schooling show (dressage and two-phase) that is about 10 minutes away and does not draw a huge crowd. Beauty and I will be attempting Intro A and B, just simple walk-trot tests. It is really more about getting her off the property and to get the experience rather than to push and go for the blue. I have no idea how she will behave! She could be perfect, or she could be a distracted nightmare. While I'd love to get a nice score and come home with a ribbon, that is not the point of this - as long as I get the tests done and there are minimal casualties, I will be happy!

We had a fantastic lesson (finally, we've had enough bad rides in the last week!) and she was back to her happy, confident self! I think she was in heat. Surprise, surprise. Mares...

"I was good, give me treats! Can I eats this?"

Miss B was very good for the show prep, with only minor tantrums around bath time. She stood to be braided, let me trim her whiskers and spray her with various products. She came out looking like a real show horse!


So fancy!
So excited, hope tomorrow goes well! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment